If you've ever...

Lived in London. Visited London. Travelled the World. Lived in Australia. Visited Australia. Even longed to live in either lands. Fell in love. Nursed a broken heart. Tried to make sense of your 20s. Or if you enjoy an entertaining read, then this content has your name all over it! 

Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowy London Town


I'm a total child in snow. It's as if the snowflakes turn the world into something as magical as Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, as seen through a five-year-old's eyes. I've only experienced snow a couple of times - London and New York City - but on each occasion, instead of peering out a frosty window over a mug of hot chocolate, I'm smack bang in the centre of the white stuff. Snow angels, snow balls, snow men, snow...anything! Even waking my housemate up with a snow ball to his sleepy head. I make the BEST housemate. Trust me.

So it was with sadness I saw on BBC news that London received a flake or two recently. Before Christmas too. How magical :( But then I think about having to navigate my old walk to work in Battersea in the blistery cold and darkness, and I'm pretty relieved it's all sunshine, bikinis, chilled beers, prawns and ice-blocks for me this festive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment