If you've ever...

Lived in London. Visited London. Travelled the World. Lived in Australia. Visited Australia. Even longed to live in either lands. Fell in love. Nursed a broken heart. Tried to make sense of your 20s. Or if you enjoy an entertaining read, then this content has your name all over it! 

Monday, March 1, 2010

The greyness

I do apologise. I've been cheating on this blog with my day job (and subsequently an awesome creative industries blog www.graphicdesignblog.com.au - harmless promotion, why not?!). But really, a whole month and no posts here. My bad. My very, very bad.

And it's not as if I've been lost for words either. Sure the transition is smoother now that a routine has developed, but there's a part of me still stuck over there, and I don't know how to get it back - or perhaps do I just leave it there to grow? On the upside (only when I'm in a missing London mood, of course) Brisbane has been awash with beautiful rain, and our blue skies have turned a shade of grey. It's unfamiliar (and unwelcome) weather to Brisbane, but reminds me of the skylines of London - just minus the glorious terraced houses that line the streets, and the iconic architecture that juts out through the city, like St Pauls or the Gerkin. And it dawns on me... I can't believe I'm actually finding comfort in this dreary weather now!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment